Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Does God Love you?

Last week, it was a bit hectic. Almost every day I traveled through light rail from Montague to San Jose downtown. It was one of the best experiences that have helped me to understand the lifestyle of a common man in Silicon Valley.

One day, when I was traveling, I saw a folded paper on the vacant seat opposite to me. The seat was set apart for disabled people. With my tiny eyes, I could see the title and it was “DOES GOD LOVE YOU?”. I couldn’t resist myself to go to that seat and read the article. It was a small guide of some Christian radio ministry. There were a number of questions and answers in the article related to God, his love, Heaven, Hell, Jesus Christ, Bible, etc. While reading this, it reminded me the slogan, "In GOD We Trust" and I just smiled.

Well, over the years I learned that God is present. But, he is not present in the skies. He is among us and always meets us in some or other forms. He is for good, for the betterment of all lives. Take it as a temple, a church or a mosque, these places help people to calm down and think for the best. The holy books and stories teach us about living. Ultimately worshiping God means being pure and honest, being good to the people around you, being good to the society. The God and his feeling is the greatest thing in this universe and surely one of the major things that bind us.

And about the question, "Does GOD love me?".. Yes, he does :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kedar!! A very well written post again....I especially agree with this line of yours "Ultimately worshiping God means being pure and honest, being good to the people around you, being good to the society."

Vidya Bhutkar said...

I agree too with your thoughts Kedar. Its been so long visiting a temple and not thinking of other things while praying. But I have realised that you get to see Him in every other day in some or the other form.

-Vidya.