Saturday, May 19, 2007

And that's gratification!

What is the probability of drawing a red and a white ball from a cart of 3 red, 1 white and 4 blue balls? What are the aftereffects of First World War? What is the figure of speech in “Life is beautiful”? What is volume of a cone, cut at 2 cm from the apex? What is the wavelength of green light? Four years back, I used to deal with these types of questions. And more importantly I used to enjoy them a lot :) Today, definitely missing these questions along with their joy.
One of my students once gave me a card on Teachers day. Today, I don’t know the card’s existence but surely I can call up the first page of that card. It had an image of globe with ruler and pencil. A traditional teachers day message was present on the inner pages. Though I taught for less time, it was a feeling of immense satisfaction.
Today, in TIME I was reading an article about a fantastic teacher, Warren Buffett. Till that moment, I didn’t know about the teaching skills of this man. Once used to be terrified of public appearances this wonderful learner is now a famous natural public speaker. Good teachers are always good learners. These teachers fascinate me a lot. Truely, a world of great interest - skills of understanding, articulation and relationship.
The best teacher I know is a mother. Like life, teaching is also an art. She better knows it. Basically, it’s the root of all professions. Once a wise man said that you catch a fish and feed a person his dinner. But, if you teach the person how to catch a fish, you feed him for lifetime.
Really well said..