Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

Hundreds of eyes were locked up on the watch of famous watchtower at San Francisco peer 1 from 11:45 PM. It was an electrifying atmosphere with people shouting and screaming. Time ticked away and camera clicks started so as celebrations, jubilations, and exultations. It was perfect 12:00 and beginning of a new year, new hope and new colors. Then all eyes turned to the lights! The most awaited fireworks started with a bang over the bay bridge. Dark sky glittered for around 15 minutes with all types of colors and fireworks. Truly, a fascinating experience!

Unlike last year, this time I couldn’t see the reflections of lights in the bay. But, I did enjoy the beauty from the branches of palm trees. From the day one, I fell in love with this beautiful city. Every time I visit, I started liking SFO more and more. After the fireworks, people came from nowhere and streets were densely crowded. It was a hard time for the cops as well. While coming back home from Embarcadero, I experienced Mumbai local traffic. Just stand in public and you will automatically go along with them.
All in all, it was wonderful yet another time.

So, it was the start of 2008. :-) I always like welcoming new things so as New Year. Like last year, this year also I have jotted down my resolutions. They do help in analyzing yourself. Ultimately, it is all up to you how you follow these resolutions. The funniest thing is one of my resolutions – “to be an early bird and not night owl” started in such a fashion that I went to bed around 4 AM and got up at 11 AM ;-) But still resolutions will continue and continue with persistence.

Wish you a very happy, satisfying and wonderful new year! Spread the wings, expand the horizons, follow your dreams and live life delightfully :-)

No comments: